Platforms are the logical or business partitions of the activity of our Call Center. It is important to bear this difference in mind in view of the activity reports, computed by platform. An example of a division could be: ‘Technical attention to the user’ and ‘Commercial attention’.
Platforms can share agents and queues without any problem.
From the same website, it is possible to add and modify the platform concept, so that each of them may have multiple queues (call routing and busines logic not manageable via web).
The configuration of platforms is one of the strengths of the system, as it allows to define different behaviours in the Call Center system. Some of these configurable parameters are:
- Name: The name assigned to it in the system, as it will appear in the reports and in all the places related to platforms.
- Comments: This is a practical field for the recording of personal observations. It does not affect the logic or the behaviour; it is only a reference for the manager or the supervisor.
- Outgoing DID: This DID is to be used as outgoing for the agents assigned to this platform.
- Voicemail: In case it is configured, the calls that enter this platform out of time, on holiday or when the queue is full will be sent to this mailbox.
- Queue: Default queue to take calls from the platform.
- Timeout queue: Maximum time a call can be in the queue waiting to be attended.
- Management of voiceovers from the Call Center voiceover repository.
- Welcome voiceover: In case it is configured, all incoming calls to this platform will hear this welcome voiceover.
- Out of time voiceover: If configured, all the calls entering the platform out of time will listen this voiceover.
- Holiday voiceover: Same as ‘out of time voiceover’, but for the incoming calls on a holiday.
- Inactive platform voiceover: Same as above, but for the incoming calls when the platform is deactivated.
- Full queue voiceover: Same as above, but for incoming calls when the queue is full.
- Timeout voiceover in queue: Same as above, but for those calls that have waited the maximum waiting time in the queue (queue timeout).
- Attention management:
- Calendars: Each platform can have 0, 1 or more assigned calendars. When accepting incoming calls, it must be verified it is not a public holiday in any of the assigned calendars.
- Timetables: In case of having assigned timetables, it must be validated that the call enters in an accepted time slot.
- Recording of calls: If this option is enabled, all the calls processed by this platform will be recorded to disk.